Monday, February 16, 2009

News about the exhibition

Dear friends, you may have noticed my absence over the last days and I do apologise for not being able to keep up with everything here. I have been so busy lately with the exhibition and art courses.

The exhibition opening on Thurs 12 was a great success. Approximately 100 people turned up and it was absolutely wonderful for my students to see all the interest. Their paintings were gorgeous and I am bursting with pride. On the opening night, 8 paintings were sold and up to now, 11 paintings are marked with the little red dot (meaning ‘sold’).

What an incredible boost for all these wonderful new artists!!!

My ‘Dolphin Wave’ painting was raffled and the end amount came to 678 euro – which was handed over to the Kilrush Lifeboat Station. I wish them all the best and thank everyone who participated in the exhibition and raffle.

I am exhausted but very happy and should any of you be in the vicinity of Kilrush, you can see their beautiful paintings in the library up till the 27th February.

At the same time, the art courses are still keeping me busy as well, thus my long absences.

In March, we hope to vist South Africa (the first time in 6 years) and I am looking forward to seeing my family again after such a long time.

Now, if only the days could be longer. Or maybe, I am just getting older and slower because it is becoming harder to fit everyting into one day.

No comments: