Saturday, October 17, 2009

Oils on canvas

The Kilrush Art Group meets every Friday evening at the community hall but on Friday 16 October the hall was being used for another function so our group made our way to the Life Boat Station in Cappa.

I wish I had my camera but as usual, its never with me for the most spectacular natural scenes. Purples, pinks, bright yellow and gorgeous blues greeted us as we arrived at the station. The water was like glass and Scattery Island a silhouette in the distance. The ancient round tower with only a part of the church ruins I have seen so many times!

So, today (Saturday) after an art class, I painted the scene from memory! I wish I had a photograph but sometimes memory is even more vivid!

3 comments:

Tammy said...

What a beautiful scene! It looks like your memory served you well.

Anonymous said...

good job!!

Frank
http://balapertotarreu.blogspot.com

Avril Brand said...

Thank you all so much for the comments!