Monday, September 1, 2008

The Dolphin Series

An Irish Blessing:

May the blessings of light be upon you,
Light without and light within.

And in all your comings and goings,
May you ever have a kindly greeting
From them you meet along the road.

May there be spring enough in your life
to outlast the winters;

May there be guitars (and drums) enough
to lift your spirits whenever you need it;

May there always be a leprechaun near you to bring out laughter and dance and the child in you.

May you have warm words on a cold evening;
A full moon on a dark night,
And the road downhill all the way to your door

May your heart be as light as a song.


May each day bring you bright happy hours,
That stay with you all year long.

And may God always have room enough for you in the palm of his hand!

11 comments:

Baker Watson said...

I see you have been dabbling in a new medium. Congratulations. Good work.

Thanks a lot for the sweet comments. I really appreciate your visits.

Avril Brand said...

Hi Baker... :-)

Yes... its quite interesting but nothing beats the 'real' thing! I want to visit more often and really apologize for neglecting you all so much.

Love
Avril

Baker Watson said...

I think experimenting with new things is good. It can bring a new perspective to the way one views the older medium and to the process as a whole.

Avril Brand said...

You are right there, Baker. Digital painting is actually a lot of fun and I am experimenting with it as a means to 'practice' various ways of working with real paints and canvas.

It actually makes me realise just how wonderful it is to be able to do real paintings but digitally I can work out which colours and effect look best.

I don't want to really get into it too much though. It's almost like knowing the baby's sex before its born... LOL... takes the wonder and excitement out of it.

But... its really fun!! I do wish you would join me at the bubble with your photo's... you are so good. Not everyone can take good photographs and yours is excellent!!

Sandy said...

Love the dolphins and the Irish Blessing!

Avril Brand said...

Thank you, Sandy!!

Baker Watson said...

BEEP -- BEEP -- BEEP

THIS IS THE BLOGGING POLICE CALLING

YOU ARE DELINQUENT IN POSTING YOUR BLOG

THIS IS ONLY A WARNING

PLEASE POST SOON OR FACE THE CONSEQUENCES

Baker Watson said...

Avril,

I'm sorry but I missed the follow-up comment you made here on this post.

Thanks very much for the compliment. GG has also been trying to get me to show some of the photo's, lol. Wants me to join the local art association and such.

Who knows? Maybe I'll will sooner or later.

How has your experience been at the bubble? I have checked it out and I've been very impressed with some of the amazing work.

Baker

Avril Brand said...

Hi Baker

Oh dear!! I am so sorry for being a bad, bad blogger! For the last few weeks I have been working very hard on my new art courses and will be back to blogging soon!!

I will take whatever punishment you mete out! Haha!

And please showcase those wonderful photo's at the bubble!!!

Bornean Rose said...

i really like dolphins.

Avril Brand said...

Thank you, Rose... they are wonderful creatures!